Saturday 27 May 2017

Today's Review: Tim Tam Coconut & Lychee


Here's one I tried a while ago, but haven't got round to reviewing yet. A friend of mine brought these Tim Tams back from Australia, alongside a few other varieties. I realise I haven't reviewed the original Tim Tams before, but this flavour was too original to put on the back burner (well, more than I already have). If you haven't heard about Tim Tams, they're legendary Australian biscuits, akin to a Penguin in some ways, but better.

These Tim Tams consist of biscuit layers, coated in white chocolate and filled with a coconut & lychee cream. That stuff in the middle is fantastic, a very sweet offering that tastes distinctly of coconut with a lovely tropical twist. It's a lot more accurate and fruity than I expected, and is the highlight of the biscuit. The white chocolate complements it well, but it is a little thick, and all the elements working together does get somewhat sickly. The biscuit is there to provide some relief from the creaminess, and on the whole this is a great attempt at a tasty Tim Tam.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment