Sunday 15 July 2018

Today's Review: Tesco Corndogs


I've tried corndogs but a few times in my life, only while visiting America. But now you can get them in Tesco. I never thought this day would come, I figured they were so distinctly American there would never be a market for them anywhere else. For those who don't know, corn dogs are basically hot dogs on a stick, covered in a corn based batter. They're disgusting by nature, but also so good, a fatty, calorific feast of everything that makes all that over the top American food so good. But how do these stack up?

These corndogs are ones you oven bake from frozen, while the ones I bought over in America were microwaveable. As such, I'm not sure if I gave these the perfect time required in the oven, but they came our with a crispy corn shell, compared to the softer batter I tried in the States. It's no biggie, the flavour is still there, a nice corn based dough that complements the hot dog quite well. The dog in the middle is decent, fairly meaty, not your most disgusting level hot dog. I would say I'd prefer a softer outer layer than the crispy one I got, but overall these were like a blast from the past. It's a shame they're only in miniature party form, I'd love to snack on a full size corndog one of these days. Oh well, this is a step in the right direction. Now if only Tesco could start making peanut butter and jelly...

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment