Sunday 5 November 2017

Today's Review: Galaxy Mocha Latte


Why have a hot chocolate when you can have a mocha? It's pretty much the same but with that extra caffeine kick. It seems Mars have picked up on this, as you can now grab a tin of instant Galaxy mocha latte, containing "chocolate pieces and coffee". Just pop a few teaspoons into a cup of hot milk, stir it up and you're good to go. But at what cost? Is this stuff as amazing as it looks?

Well, first of all, I couldn't get that little frothy top on show up there, but I'll attribute that to the fact that I don't own one of those fancy milk whisks, and had to rely on a humble teaspoon. But, given a hot enough milk and a decent stirring speed, I at least got the stuff reasonably mixed in. I must say, it's not bad. It's a nice, creamy hot chocolate, likely helped along by the milk. But it's sweet, and while the coffee is noticeable, the bitterness isn't too apparent. I don't know how much that speaks for the effectiveness of the coffee itself, but I can't say I got much of a buzz from drinking this. Still, it's a little refreshing, the mix of caffeine and sugar must do something. I wouldn't say it's the ultimate mocha, but it's a pretty good effort from an instant powder.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment