Monday 2 July 2012

Today's Review: Walking Through The Park At Near Midnight

I don't know about you, but after a late train home I just want to get indoors as soon as possible, and for me that involves cutting through the park. When I tell other people that I do this in the dark, they appear to express shock that I'm somehow still alive and in possession of my wallet and phone.

Sure, my town has a few unsavoury types scattered around, and I know that bad things have happened to people in the dead of night, but I guess I'm one of those "ain't gonna happen to me" types, and I've never even seen anyone lurking in the grass and trees, let alone strutting towards me with criminal intent.

In fact, I've been writing this very review while walking through a dark park, and it's just as boring as always. It is raining though, so I should really safeguard my phone against that. But all in all, walking through the park at night is not statistically the safest thing to do, but it's fine by my book.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to read that you do walk in the park after dark. Every year our freedoms are reduced, you can't walk here, you can't walk there, with fences and walls erected to stop you walking through. Once access is denied you will never get it back and we will become a nation of people who can only go to work or the shops and then must return home.

    It annoys me that some parks are closed at night, we must keep our rights of way open.

    Keep up the good work with your blog.

    ReplyDelete