Thursday 23 August 2012

Today's Review: Making Birthday Cakes

I've dabbled in baking before, it's something that I quite enjoy, especially since you get to eat the result. I can make some pretty good cookies, cupcakes, and even a mean chocolate cake. But it's our daughter's birthday next week, and while we've had cakes made for her before, we figured we'd try to make something.

Well, it didn't turn out too great. The cakes I normally make are just for those under our roof, but faced with making a cake for about 15 people it's a bit trickier. What made a nice sized cake before in my tiny cake tin creates pretty much a pancake in the big one I just bought. So many ingredients, do much space to fill. Plus when it rose it left the outside flat and the inside enormous. I guess that's what I get for not letting it settle.

So yes, making a big birthday cake is not as easy as it sounds. Perhaps I'll take some baking lessons before next year so I can be more prepared, but for now it's off to the supermarket to buy something that won't waver my daughter's faith in me. But hey, at least I get to eat the failed creations. They may look bad, but it's still cake.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. cupcakes tempe arizona

    ReplyDelete