Saturday 3 November 2012

Today's Review: Cadbury Cinder Toffee Cake Bars


Well, Halloween is over, and now we're blowing up stuff in the sky instead. But Halloween things still linger, and now at a much more reasonable price. Today I picked up a five pack of these cinder toffee cake bars for 50p. My, what a bargain.

I can't say I've ever eaten cinder toffee, but the name sounded delicious. The internet informs me that it's a honeycomb toffee, which also sounds delicious. So it's a good thing these bars are delicious too. You've got your standard Cadbury chocolate coating, covering a moist toffee flavoured sponge, with a very generous layer of cinder toffee topping. The topping itself is very creamy, and indeed has wonderful hints of toffee and honeycomb, giving a tangy, almost smokey flavour, which I guess is why they call it cinder toffee. These bars are a lot better than I was expecting. The liberal amount of topping really lets them melt in your mouth and unleashes a quite intense but delicious flavour. Or in other words, om nom nom.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment