Tuesday 4 December 2012

Today's Review: Tesco Value Chicken Tikka & Rice


Tesco have been selling these value ready meals for a while now, for just 95p. For that price, it's hard to tell what the quality of the meat will be, or even how much of it is actually meat. I've been interested in trying one of these, and tonight I was on my own, so I thought I'd make a real bachelor night out of it. So, I unsheathed the meal, followed the microwave instructions (Oven? What do I look like, a chef?), and dumped the resulting slop onto the most unappealing and mismatched plate in my collection.


That's a 95p meal for you. Doesn't look particularly appetising, and it's quite small. It's good that I wasn't hungry, because this probably wouldn't fill me up in normal circumstances, and I don't have the money to shell out for naan bread and poppadoms and whatnot if I'm willing to pay less than a pound for the main event. Still, it didn't taste too bad, considering. The rice wasn't too crunchy, or mushy, and the chicken, while scarce, actually tasted like meat. The sauce left a little to be desired, not very spicy at all. Overall, I'd say my experience was okay. If you're poor and looking for something a cheap meal, you can't really go wrong with this. But if you can afford something better, like perhaps a £2 pizza, I'd definitely go for that.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment