Tuesday 21 January 2014

Today's Review: Cadbury Caramel Mallows



Marshmallow teacakes are a tasty British institution. I can't say I go out of my way to buy them, but if I'm offered one I can't say no. Tunnock's are usually the go-to brand, but today I spotted these Cadbury Mallows, with the added ingredient of caramel. They sounded good to me, even if my last experience with Cadbury chocolate and marshmallow was a bit mediocre.

Well, these are quite nice, but nothing overly special. The marshmallow is nice and fluffy, the biscuit base has a nice crunch, and the chocolate coating is as good as Cadbury can be, but the caramel doesn't really add to the overall flavour, because there's not much of it. The other ingredients may be tasty, but when they're all put you're left with a regular old marshmallow teacake. Nothing special, especially when compared to the interesting stuff Cadbury have been bringing out lately. I'll certainly polish off the packet, but I won't go out of my way to buy more in the future.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment