Wednesday 8 January 2014

Today's Review: Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Gum: Apple Pie & Rainbow Sherbet


It pains me to say that I'll be laying off the snacks for a while. I am on a strict diet, but one that worked very well for me last year, so I expect to be sampling terrible foods again at a point in the near future. But for now, sugar is out, so thankfully I have some of this interesting dessert flavoured gum stockpiled from a while ago.

I found these in Mr. Simms, and while there were quite a few flavours on offer, I could only bring myself to pay the inflated import prices for two packs. Therefore I went for the flavours that interested me most: Apple pie and rainbow sherbet. Now, I mean sherbet in the American sense of the word, not the British, which is a kind of sorbet. Therefore, while I was expecting a lovely fizzy flavour, I was met with a more subdued one. It's certainly still great though, very fruity and the flavour lasts a long time. Both these gums have that refreshing kick to them too, not quite minty, but they certainly feel like they're working to fill your mouth with great flavours.

The apple pie flavour is fantastic as well. There are hints of pastry, apple, and even cinnamon, to create the perfect American apple pie experience, but in a stick of gum. Willy Wonka may not have perfected his three course dinner gum, but Wrigley's have certainly perfected the dessert gum. Both of these flavours are fantastically sweet and accurate, and are sugar free to boot. I look forward to hunting down the other flavours if they're all this good.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment