Tuesday 9 September 2014

Today's Review: Sides Of Cereal Boxes That Don't Contain The Name Of The Cereal



Hmm, what should I have for breakfast? Wait, how do I even know what there is for breakfast? All I can see on my kitchen side is an assortment of cartoon characters, an exhaustive list of nutritional information, and some blurb about how me buying a box of cereal is saving the children. How do I know what cereals these are, apart from the obvious answer of having to memorise the three types of cereal I have in the house. But it shouldn't be that way. All it takes is a simple addition of the cereal's name on the side of the box, and it would be fine.

You may think I'm overreacting, but is it too much to ask? I know boxes need to keep things fresh, add on some information for their marketing campaigns, and let everyone know exactly what they're eating. But couldn't any of these guys squeeze a teensy logo in there to just hint at the contents, without me having to lift the box up and look at the front? This would be like if I bought a DVD, and instead of having the title on the side, it just had an exhaustive list of all the types of violence and nudity it contains. That might be fine for some people, but it would be difficult picking that movie off the shelf. So why do it with cereal? This just isn't good design work. I should be able to see the brand no matter which angle I look at it. So please, guys, try and make everyone's cereal experience a bit easier. Put the damn name of the cereal on the side of the box.

My rating: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. Cereal boxes are like morning treasure chests, packed with a variety of flavors and the promise of a great start to the day! 🌞🥣 From colorful characters to enticing promotions, these boxes are a canvas of breakfast inspiration.
    For more info click the link below
    https://listium.com/@jennie_90/100046/custom-cereal-packaging-boxes

    ReplyDelete