Monday 5 January 2015

Today's Review: Looking For Things In The Cracks Of A Sofa

I'm sure we've all lost misplaced something while sitting on the sofa, or an armchair. It may be a coin, a pen, a hair clip, or even a phone. After exhausting all overground options, we most likely turn to the place in between where the cushions end and the frame begins. The dark nether region of the cracks in the sofa.

Pop culture informs us that between the cushions is a veritable gold mine of lost change and hidden treasures. But I've never seen a character go digging for cash and become confronted with the horrific reality of what lies beneath. Sure, there may be the occasional interesting object, but most of the time I go digging into my sofa I'm confronted with crumbs, dust, hair and the odd patch of wetness. Granted, I live with three kids, so the chances of me finding something disgusting down the cracks is higher than most, but I imagine any given sofa would have some undesirable stuff lurking down there. I've seen people on TV go sofa digging in public places, that just makes my skin crawl. Who knows what horrific surprises await an adventurous hand in the cracks of a Starbucks suite?

But hey, that's just my two cents, and that's probably more than you'll find digging your hands into random furniture. Sure, there's the very slight chance of finding something interesting, but I doubt it's worth subjecting your flesh to damp crumbs. I'd rather go and look for loose change dropped onto the high street, you know, like a normal person.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment