Wednesday 14 January 2015

Today's Review: Lucozade Grafruitti


I'm always up for a new Lucozade flavour, especially one as colourful looking as this one that I stumbled upon at Boots today. Despite bearing the name "Grafruitti", it doesn't contain grapefruit, as I thought at first glance. No, the name is a spin on "graffiti", which is basically Lucozade's way of saying they're run out of ideas for single flavours, so are trying to mash them all together instead.

This flavour is described as berries with a citrus twist, though a scan through the ingredients only revealed one berry to me, namely raspberry. There's orange to provide the citrus, and the only other thing I could see was apple, and that's a pome, not a berry. But hey, let's not talk semantics, let's talk taste. The raspberry provides a bold flavour, with a nice sharpness to it, while the orange certainly provides a citrus hit that cuts through the rest of the fruit, making for an overall very fruity taste. However, the consistency is a little off in my opinion, it's a little too syrupy and sickly for my liking, especially when compared to flavours such as pink lemonade and melonade, which are actually pretty refreshing. This is an interesting attempt at a new Lucozade flavour, and it's pretty tasty, but there's just a little too much going on in the bottle. Now a grapefruit flavour, that would be interesting...

My rating: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. I thought it tasted like candyfloss thats what ive heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its is soo nice need to keep it and not just limited edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its very delicious ive heard but does it taste like candyfloss.

      Delete