Monday 26 January 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Chicken & Chorizo Paella Rice Pot


Here's the last in the selection of chilled snacks I picked up with my Tesco vouchers. While I wasn't too impressed with the last chicken themed pot I ate, this one promised more meat, and the addition of chorizo is always nice. It's the same drill with this one as the others, three minutes in the microwave and you're good to go.

I must say this is a pretty tasty pot. The chunks of chicken and chorizo are plentiful and sizeable, and while the chorizo could probably do with a bit more flavour, the amount of meat made it quite filling. The whole lot is steeped in a tomato and basil sauce, and that's good too, without being overwhelming. There's enough to adequately cover all the ingredients, and there are some nice big chunks of tomato in there too to add a bit more texture. As for the rice, it's okay. It's a little sticky, and definitely doesn't hold up to the other elements in the pot, but hey, rice is rice, if it's not perfect it's not the end of the world. This is one of the tastier pots I've tried from the range, it's meaty and full of flavour, and is definitely an easy way to cook up something different during a quick lunch.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment