Saturday 10 January 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Free From White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies


While I've certainly seen an increase in the number of gluten free foods available over the last year or so, I've never dabbled, since I don't have a sensitivity to gluten. But Tesco sent me some vouchers so I could try out some of their Free From range, so I scanned the shelves for some goodies. Cookies are as good a place to start as any, so I grabbed a pack of these white chocolate and cranberry ones.

There's not too much different between these and regular cookies, to be honest. While most regular cookies contain flour, these ones are made with oats, and gluten free oats at that. While having a gluten free flour substitute may damage some recipes, the replacement in this case simply gives the cookies a more oaty texture, so they're like a cross between oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies. The white chocolate chunks are big and creamy, while the cranberries provide a nice juicy hit. On top of that, they're all wrapped up in some truly tasty gluten free dough, making these some very nice cookies that even coeliacs can tuck into. I'm looking forward to trying out some more Free From stuff in the coming days.

My rating: 5/5


1 comment:

  1. I'm gluten sensitive, and these biscuits are ace! Even Tesco Express sell them which is very handy. Would be great if they did some GF versions of Bourbon/Custard creams too.

    ReplyDelete