Tuesday 28 February 2017

Today's Review: McVitie's Digestives Mini Caramel Crispies


Bite size cakes have been a thing for a while in terms of supermarket brands, but it seems the heavy hitters are catching on, as we've seen tubs of tiny cakes appear from Cadbury, and now McVitie's. This is a fairly sizeable tub containing mini caramel crispies, digestive pieces and cereal, mixed with caramel and covered in chocolate.

I was fairly excited for these, I figured you can't go wrong with a caramel crispy, and on the whole it's not bad. It has a fairly nice crispy crunch to it, and the caramel comes through very nicely, and blends in well with the chocolate. One thing I can't get on board with is the digestive chunks. I'm not sure what it is, but the combination of those and the cereals tastes a bit off to me. It's not bad by any means, but there's something in the contrast of the darker, fuller flavour of the biscuit and the fluffy crispiness of the cereal that sort of throws off the overall taste. Still, it's chocolate, caramel and biscuit, so it's fairly nice, I've certainly had worse mini bites. Hopefully the other varieties in the range will impress me more.

My rating: 3/5

4 comments:

  1. They do sound good though! What's your stance on digestive biscuits in general? I've found if there's something I'm not all that into included in a product, I can sometimes taste it more than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Digestives, and I have no problem stuffing cheesecake in my face, so I don't know, just something about the Digestive/crispie combo I guess.

      Delete
  2. I believe you'd find yourself to be quite mistaken. I have eaten nearly 8 boxes in the past 14 days and these biscuits are definitely a gift straight from the heavens. The creation of these biscuits have reinstated my belief in the man above as no mortal could come up with a creation so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself have had 14 tubs in as many days! they help fill the hole left by my wife and children leaving me! 4 out of 5

      Delete