Thursday 23 February 2017

Today's Review: Reese's Peanut Butter


I've tried many variations of Reese's candy over the years, but as of a few days ago I'd never tried just the peanut butter itself. You can pick up Pieces, Cups and all manner of chocolate covered stuff quite easily here in the UK, but I only just decided to bite on this jar of plain old Reese's for £2.50 in B&M. A pretty reasonable price for an import.

Peanut butter is one of my favourite things, so it's clear I'm not going to score this one low. I must say though, it's not as good as I thought it would be. I've stepped up my peanut butter purchases recently from the Sunpat and supermarket own brands to the more organic varieties like Whole Earth, and they tend to shift more towards the peanuts than the butter. I think that might be why I found the Reese's to be very sweet, perhaps too sweet. It's creamy, as the jar implies, but I guess there's just a bit too much sugar in there for my liking. I'm not saying this is bad peanut butter, it's good in fact. It's pretty much the same stuff you find in all the candy bars, but I think when it's surrounded by chocolate and other sweet stuff, that sugary side isn't as immediately apparent as it is here. But the peanuts do still shine through with this stuff, and it's easy to see why it's a classic American brand. Definitely not your healthy living type of peanut butter though.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment