Wednesday 25 April 2012

Today's Review: Keeping A New Pair Of Converse Clean

I bought some new Converse today, which always fills me with a lot more excitement than it probably should. These ones in particular are to replace my uncomfortable work shoes, so I was happy springing around in my nice furry lined comfy shoes.

But the excitement doesn't last for too long. It's probably this way with everyone who loves their shoes, but with Converse, for me, it's so much worse. It's those damn white tops that cover the toe area. I love how shiny they are when they're first bought. But before long, there's a little smudge on top, which I can easily wipe away with a bit of spit on the finger. But then there's another, and another. After a while it takes a little help from a baby wipe to get them all white again, before long it's a daily routine.

How can the tops of my shoes get so dirty? I have no idea, but eventually those specks of dirt evolve into scratches, which compound more dirt, and more scratches, all along the way my commitment to cleaning them regularly waning. It's a losing battle, and I am clearly losing, until one day I just stop cleaning, and they are now just a pair of well worn sneakers.

So as good as Converse are, keeping them pure white and clean would probably be a full time job. It's an inevitability that they will lose their shine, and it's only a matter of time before you stop trying. At least it's good while it lasts.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment