Friday 26 August 2011

Today's Review: Scotch Eggs

Look at it. Disgusting right? Wrong! I love a good Scotch egg, even if I do feel a bit dirty eating one. Why do I feel dirty? I have no idea. I think I get the impression that there's a stigma surrounding the food, the same as there is with pork pies. I may be imagining it, but it seems like eating these kind of deli items makes me look a bit like a scavenging hobo, especially when I bite into an entire one as I am wont to do.

Maybe people are just racist. A lot of people have negative views of Scotland, apparently all they do is get drunk and angry about their independence or lack thereof, and then eat a sheep's guts for some reason. But I have no quarrel with them, and despite my warped views on other people's opinions on Scotch eggs, I bloody love 'em. They're certainly not the best food, but they're cheap and filling, and pretty tasty. So don't worry if people don't love you, Scotch egg, I will always be there for you.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment