Thursday 10 January 2013

Today's Review: My Fingers Splitting For No Reason

Don't you hate it when you get a cut, but you don't realise until you find it an undetermined amount of time later? It didn't hurt before, but now it sure does. I had that experience today, but instead of being a mostly clotted scratch of some kind, there was a small slit in the side of my finger that has yet to heal in any form.

It's not the first time it's happened to me, according to the internet it can happen if I do a lot of washing with chemicals. While it may sound like a perfect excuse to avoid washing up or bathing the kids, I'd rather just not have my skin randomly crack open in the first place. You see, I don't like being in pain, and all this injury has caused me is pain since I discovered it. I use my fingers a lot, in fact, I'm using them right now. I've managed to curb the pain somewhat by putting the second plaster of the day on, but plasters suck because you can't get them wet, and any time I put one on my finger my brain does as much as possible to keep me from using it. How am I meant to point at things with an incapacitated index finger?

So I guess I'll have to start moisturising my hands in future, carry some around in my bag like someone who's obsessed with swine flu or something. Because I've had enough of my body deciding to open in inappropriate places. Skin is meant to be covering me up, not splitting open willy nilly. It's painful and annoying.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment