Sunday 20 January 2013

Today's Review: Walking In Fresh Snow

Our area has managed to avoid much of the snow that's been plaguing the country. We had a bit yesterday, but it finally came down properly today, and for a good few hours. I was at work when it started, so when I set off for home there was quite a nice build up in the streets, with more still falling. We all know how awful it is to walk in the streets when the snow has become trodden in and icy, every step could be the one that makes you fall to a premature demise (or just a painful smack). But today it was nice to walk on just nice, fresh snow.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of those flakes crunching beneath your feet. It's satisfying, starting soft, but turning firm, leaving an icy death trap for the next person to step in the same place. It's a nice muffled, scrunchy sound as well, that really captures that feel of winter for me. Sure, I don't like the cold, or the ice, or even the snow falling all over me, but when it's on the floor and I step on it, that's a good thing.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment