Thursday 16 October 2014

Today's Review: Haribo Pico-Balla


Many years ago now, I stumbled upon a new kind of Haribo that certainly drew my attention. I don't know whether I picked it up in Poundland, or even Woolworths, but I picked up many bags until they disappeared from the shelves. Thankfully my last trip to Cyber Candy rewarded me with a bag of one of my favourite Haribo bags ever (guess what today's rating will be).

Pico-Balla are pretty much like cross section of tiny candy pencils, except they're a whole lot better. The outside is fruity and chewy, and comes in a variety of awesome colours. Inside lies a two-toned centrepiece, which is apparently marshmallow, but has more of a fondant texture. Whatever it is, it's soft, smooth with an almost melt-in-the-mouth quality, and while it does look like a lot in the picture up there, I find that the ratios are pretty damn perfect. I often find pencils have too much of the rubbery exterior and not enough filling. Pico-Balla, on the other hand, make for a soft, fruity treat. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more bags of this awesome Haribo variety, and you should be too.

My rating: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. Just bought a bag after reading this review. They are really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best and remind me of my childhood in a seriously German 'hood in Chicago. Can't seem to find them anywhere but online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious they where my fave ones in the micromix they did a few years back!

    ReplyDelete