Monday 4 August 2014

Today's Review: Manora Fried Pumpkin Chips


I can't say I've experienced pumpkin beyond licking the gory jack-o'-lantern innards from my fingers, but I can't say I'm particularly fond of the taste. So when I spotted these chips made from fried pumpkin I certainly wasn't expecting much. But hey, everything's worth a try, right?

These are basically what they say on the packet, chips made from pumpkin pulp, along with various other starches and flours. The result is a very interestingly textured chip. They're crunchy, like corn chips, but also slightly soft. The best thing I can compare it with is Chex cereal, but a savoury version. It's certainly a nice texture once you get used to it, and these chips have a definite pumpkin undertone that isn't too strong. They're also lightly salted, which adds another great flavour to the mix, and once I started eating these I didn't stop until the bag was empty. These pumpkin chips were certainly a pleasant surprise, and I'm now much more open to the idea of pumpkin recipes. Halloween, here I come.

My rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment