Saturday 16 August 2014

Today's Review: Three Tigers Aromatic Cantonese Lobster Crackers


Prawn crackers are a staple of the Chinese takeaway. There's just something about those greasy, fishy, crunchy crackers that makes them hard to resist. So I had to snag this bag of lobster flavoured crackers when I spied them at Tesco, especially as they are buy one get one free. I picked up a sweet and sour flavour too, but that's a review for later.

Yes, these are Cantonese lobster flavoured crackers, and while I've never had Canonese lobster (or even real lobster, thinking about it), it didn't stop me stuffing my face with these. They certainly have a lovely fishy, almost saucy flavour, perhaps not strong enough to break through the natural flavour of the crackers, but they certainly tickled my taste buds. There's also a lovely spicy undertone that lingers in the aftertaste, certainly not strong, but another nice little flavour to add to the mix. These are some pretty nice crackers, and while they may not be as flavoursome as the prawn crackers I'm used to, it's nice to see something different. Perhaps the sweet and sour ones will change my mind later.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment