Tuesday 26 August 2014

Today's Review: Merba Nougatelli Cookies


I've come across Merba before, when I reviewed their apple pie cookies last year. So upon spotting some of those in Poundland today, imagine my delight when I spotted these interesting cookies right next door. Yes, these are cookies with chocolate hazelnut filling. Nutella in a cookie? How could I resist? Well, not proper Nutella, but, you know, pretty close.

Yes, these are delicious, crunchy, chocolate chip cookies, packed full of chocolatey, nutty goodness. Not quite as packed as the picture on the packet shows, but the balance between biscuit and filling is quite good. The result is an extremely chocolatey cookie, though never too overwhelming or sickly. The nutty undertone is lovely as well, and it all just comes together wonderfully to make a damn tasty biscuit. I even stuck a couple in the microwave, and was rewarded with a lovely warm, gooey experience. These are some lovely cookies, and for £1 a pack you can't go wrong.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment