Tuesday 11 November 2014

Today's Review: Cocon Grape Gummy



I felt it was time to wander into my local Asian supermarket again in search of snacks, but nothing particularly interesting stood out (apart from the pickled mango with chilli, but that's for a time when I have a stronger stomach). Still, I did come away with this bag of "Grape Gummy", apparently with "100% grape juice". I quickly determined that this was not true, because the ingredients actually state these are 5% grape juice, and also because the sweets themselves were not in liquid form.

Instead, this bag contained a fair few individually wrapped gummy sweets. Individually wrapped? Why? Seemed wasteful to me, although I was mainly annoyed at how difficult they were to open. Often I was left with a small gap in the packaging, forcing me to grab the gum with my teeth and pull it through. I guess that's an upside of these sweets being squidgy, but apart from that there's nothing all that special about them. The grape flavour is your regular bold, American style of grape, a bit too sweet for my liking, but not bad. The gums themselves, despite being quite soft, are chewy and quite filling. I can't say I enjoyed these as much as I would a Grape Fanta or a Jolly Rancher, but these are a decent enough bag of gummy sweets, even if the individual wrappers leave less room for more. If you're into the grape flavoured stuff, dig in. If not, you're not missing anything special with these.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment