Wednesday 4 February 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Creme Egg Pots Of Joy



I missed out on reviewing these Creme Egg Pots Of Joy last year, mostly because I'm not a massive fan of Creme Eggs and I didn't fancy paying full price for a creamy dessert version. But today, I gave it a go. I've heard nothing but good things about the Pots Of Joy, and this one promised to be as good as any, boasting melted milk chocolate and a fondant layer. Whether this dessert has been the victim of Creme Egg-gate, I'm not sure, but I dove in anyway.

The chocolate layer on top is great, very creamy, and certainly reminiscent of the Cadbury chocolate we all know and love. But of course, this is a Creme Egg Pot Of Joy, so that fondant is the main attraction, and it's certainly present here. The majority of the pot is fondant, and it even includes the trademark yellow yolk. When eaten together, it tastes just like a melted Creme Egg, so I guess Cadbury have done their job very well. But since I find Creme Eggs a little too sickly for my liking, I found that same effect with this dessert. It could have been worse, the extra creaminess present due to the melted quality didn't put me off any more, I certainly enjoyed the first couple of spoonfuls. But by the end it was just a little too much sugar. I'd certainly recommend it to any Creme Egg heads out there, and even for those who are sick of the eggs themselves, you may find these better than you expect. This isn't an essential purchase for me though.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment