Sunday 22 February 2015

Today's Review: Pick Up! Black'n White


With a lack of exciting new chocolate bars to sink my teeth into, I've turned to the biscuit aisle recently to satisfy my curious sweet tooth. I tried the original Pick Up! biscuit last year, and found it to be very much to my liking, so I was pleased to see there's a new variety out. Instead of the regular butter biscuit, encasing a thick slab of milk chocolate, this one ascribes to a "black'n white" theme. I'm sure that's meant to say "black 'n' white", instead of the name of an ironic blaxploitation pirate captain, but I'm not here to be a stickler for grammar. Let's get to the biscuit.


You may think Oreo by looking at that picture up there, and really it's the closest thing I could compare it to. The biscuit is pretty similar, and the chocolate is like a more solid version of the classic Oreo creme. I'm always up for a bit of white chocolate, and as you can see, this is a substantial amount for a biscuit treat. It's thick, creamy, and overall delicious. The biscuit is good, a little too dark for my liking, but it provides a good contrast with the white chocolate. The only real problem is that the biscuit is quite crumbly, meaning there's a bit of a powdery residue that sticks around after the rest is gone, and it left a bit of a bitter aftertaste. This biscuit is a great twist on the original, and the addition of white chocolate is fantastically done. It's not perfect, and the original still comes out on top in my books, but these are well worth... dare I say... picking up?

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment