Thursday 5 February 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Freddo Sprinkles


Easter treats are fast filling up the shelves, and there's no better time to introduce a seasonal chocolate treat. Cadbury already have a well established place in the Easter market, but that hasn't stopped them releasing a new type of Freddo for the season. This is a Freddo Sprinkles, which is a Freddo, but with sprinkles. Don't ask me what that has to do with Easter, but Freddo frog there has some bunny ears, so it's obvious what they're going for. I guess multicoloured sprinkles is in keeping with some kind of spring theme, so whatever.

There's really not too much to say about this. It's a Freddo, with sprinkles. The standard Dairy Milk Freddo, which we all know and love, but throughout its core you have several colourful crunchy bits. I thought it was a bit of an odd match, and after eating it I can't say I changed my mind. Other varieties of Freddo have always gone down well with me, from caramel to strawberry to popping candy, each one has offered an extra bit of flavour or a bang for your buck. This one just has sprinkles. The result is some very nice, sweet chocolate, but one with an odd, gritty texture. The sprinkles don't add any flavour, just a uniform gritty, sugary taste that really distracts from the chocolate. For me it's just way too sweet, without adding much of value. Sure, the chocolate is still nice, but you can get that from a regular Freddo. I would say this is a nice, novel idea, but even on paper I wasn't convinced. I think I'll search elsewhere for my favourite Easter treat.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I just had a Freddo Sprinkles and it was delicious. It has a malty taste. Or maybe my one had gone off, I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete