Tuesday 5 May 2015

Today's Review: Oddka Salty Caramel Popcorn Vodka


From the moment I saw the Oddka range I've been wanting to try them all out. I've certainly made some headway over the last month or so, trying out some fruity little numbers, and I couldn't resist picking up this popcorn variety for the weekend. 

The first thing I noticed when opening up this bad boy was the smell. It's got a great aroma, pretty much just like caramel popcorn, even down to the slightly burned smell of freshly popped kernels. The taste is pretty authentic too, a very sweet caramel flavour. It's almost a little too saccharine, but the hint of salt, the tones of popcorn, and of course the taste of the vodka itself make sure it doesn't become too sweet. When I say tones of popcorn, it's not overly apparent, there's certainly more thought put into the caramel than the popcorn, but overall it's a very nice flavour. It doesn't quite do as much to cover up the lovely throat burning taste of the vodka, at least not as well as the strawberry milkshake variety did, but I had no problem at all drinking this stuff neat. This is another fantastic flavour idea for vodka, and Oddka is definitely a range of tipples I'd highly recommend.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting flavour. Might try it sometime.

    Serena / www,ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete