Sunday 3 January 2016

Today's Review: Flame Grilled Steak Pringles


After many fruitless attempts to get my hands on the seasonal Pigs In Blankets Pringles over the last few months, I stumbled upon this flavour in Asda earlier. I assume it's new, it says it right there on the can, but you never know with some packaging. I'm still bitter about the lack of crisps that taste like sausages wrapped in bacon, but I thought these might be some consolation.

These do taste meaty, I'll give them that. I wouldn't say they taste exactly like steak, but they do have a definite beefy taste to them. Not the meatiest tasting crisps ice had recently, but not awful. There's also a lovely undertone of onion throughout that adds a bit of an extra kick, though at times it does overwhelm the beef flavour a little. Sirloin steak these Pringles are not, and I don't think I'll be buying any more. But for those who like meat flavoured crisps, these aren't too bad. Just not my cup of tea. Or rather, my can of Pringles.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment