Friday 29 January 2016

Today's Review: Cadbury Butterscotch Hot Cakes


I've been looking for some of these for a while, and have only just found them, perhaps because they've been selling like hot cakes. Har har. But yes, it's another new Cadbury product (or at least fairly new by now), and I'm all for a nice hot pudding. Despite having "hot" right there in the name, the box states these can be enjoyed hot or cold. But can anything really be enjoyed cold when the alternative is hot? I'm not sure, but I didn't want to take that risk, so in the microwave they went.

I went for the butterscotch flavour as I figured they'd be more interesting than the regular chocolate, and also because I love butterscotch. I must say, these are pretty good. They're not amazing, but I was expecting something decidedly average after trying the Cadbury Sticky Puds, and these surpassed those expectations. The sponge is soft, and although it is a little thick, the melted chocolate coating adds a nice gooey texture. At first it seemed like the butterscotch filling was quite sparse, but it holds its own pretty nicely, delivering another layer of sweet flavour. It's not the most authentic butterscotch taste, but it's good enough. The Hot Cakes definitely beat the Sticky Puds in my opinion, I'd happily put these on my dessert menu again.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment