Wednesday 27 January 2016

Today's Review: Starbucks Coconut Milk Latte


After seeing Kev's review of the new coconut milk latte yesterday, I made the very difficult decision of stopping by Starbucks today to pick one up. I'm a sucker for a latte, and while I have nothing against cow's milk, I was interested to see how it would taste with the coconut version. Of course, this is more likely intended for those who are vegan or allergic to dairy, but that doesn't stop me having a go.

This isn't that bad, it's a nice, somewhat milky tasting coffee. It's doesn't taste as full or creamy as a regular latte, and does seem quite watered down in comparison to cow's milk, but that's just how coconut milk is I suppose. I wasn't expecting a big hit of coconut flavour like the kind you'd find in coconut sweets, but there is a definite hint of it throughout the coffee. All in all it tastes lighter than your regular latte, it may not be that much healthier, but it seems like it. However, I can't get fully on board with this, I prefer my lattes full and creamy, and this doesn't quite deliver. It's nice enough, and is a great choice for vegans and those with allergies, but I think I'll stick with the regular milk.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment