Saturday 2 January 2016

Today's Review: Portlebay Lemon Sherbet Popcorn


I reviewed the cappucino flavour of Portlebay popcorn a few weeks ago, and now they're on offer in Tesco, so of course I picked up a couple more. This lemon sherbet one stood out in particular, it's another popcorn flavour I've never really seen done before, apart from the slightly disappointing Tyrrell's offering.

This is some pretty good quality popcorn, nice chunky kernels with a very satisfying crunch to them, and I think I only found one unpopped one at the bottom of the bag, so good going there. The flavouring on top is fantastic as well, a sweet but satisfyingly sour lemon, and authentic as well, there's lemon juice in the ingredients. But wait a minute, this isn't just lemon flavour popcorn, it's lemon sherbet, and that's pretty clear from the fizz you get when you pop a kernel in your mouth. It's pretty much like the corn has been rolled through a tray of lemon sherbet. This is lovely, fizzy, sweet, crunchy popcorn, I'd probably even pick up a bag at full price, that's how good I think it is.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment