Wednesday 3 February 2016

Today's Review: Walkers Mixups Meaty Snacks Mix


Mixups Snacks Mixes came out last year, providing an interesting mix of Walkers crisps in either spicy or cheesy flavours. Now there's another variety added to the range in the form of these meaty snacks, and while they didn't draw me in as much as the other two, I was interested to see what meaty Wotsits and French Fries would taste like.

The Doritos and Monster Munch in this mix are already lining the shelves, BBQ rib and roast beef flavours respectively. They're classics, and they're well represented in this bag, the Monster Munch being pretty huge and packing a nice meaty flavour, while the Doritos have a lovely saucy texture with a strong rib-like taste underneath. Apparently beef Wotsits were once a thing, though I don't remember them. The Wotsits in these Mixups are pretty huge, and do have a certain beefy flavour, but they're just too similar in texture to the Monster Munch. They are a little softer, but to me that was somewhat disappointing, and the flavour isn't nearly as pronounced as it is in the Monster Munch. As for the French Fries, I don't know if there has ever been a proper meat flavour, but if these are anything to go by they shouldn't have bothered. They're very bland, there's a hint of sauciness every now and then that seems like it might be nice, but on the whole they're pretty flavourless. 

I'm a little torn with this bag. Half of the stuff is great, while the other is disappointing. I don't think I'll pick up another bag when I could just get a pack of Monster Munch or Doritos, but on average these Mixups are really just mediocre. If you've got a hankering for beef Wotsits, by all means go and buy one.

My rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment