Saturday 27 August 2016

Today's Review: Mentos Shakies


I often overlook Mentos, even though they're generally pretty tasty. It's a good thing I had a good glance at them in Poundland yesterday though, as I was greeted by this pack of "Shakies". They're milkshake flavoured Mentos, basically. The three flavour in these packs are strawberry, banana, and, strangely, enough, peach.

Yeah, a peach milkshake. Can't say I've ever had the real life version, but it sounded nice enough in sweet form. But let's start with the classics. The banana is very sweet and somewhat artificial tasting, but it's pretty much in line with any other banana flavoured sweet, so I can let that slide a little. The strawberry is a bit less pronounced, it's a mellow taste that is definitely strawberry, but it mixes in more with the milkshake elements of the sweet. The peach is probably my favourite, sitting nicely between the two, not too strong, not too weak, just a nicely bold, very peach-like flavour. Each one also has a lovely milky twist to them, so they do taste like shakes. I wouldn't say I'd pick these up over the regular fruit Mentos, but it's a nice little twist on the formula that is pulled off quite well. These are worth seeking out.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment