Friday 19 August 2016

Today's Review: Mike And Ike Redrageous


WH Smith has a nice little selection of American sweets now, most of them are things I've tried before, but I did stumble upon this box of Mike And Ike in pure red flavours. Now, I like Mike And Ike, and I like red sweets, so this sounded like a winning combination to me, especially at that reduced price. But how Redrageous are these exactly?

I have a method of eating sweets, in which I work my way from least favourite to favourite, not moving onto another colour until I have finished one. This box made that pretty difficult, as apart from the two pink hued flavours, the rest are very similar shades to each other. Not that it matters too much, as they didn't taste a whole lot different from each other. The watermelon has a nice enough, distinct flavour, but the rest have vague hints of what they're supposed to be, gingerly laid on top of a generic sweet taste. The texture of these is a bit off as well, I felt they were significantly more chewy than other Mike And Ikes I've had, they tended to get stuck in my teeth more, so I can't say I had a whole lot of fun with these. The flavours aren't all that great, the texture is weird, but it's still a box of Mike And Ike, so it's not all bad.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment