Sunday 7 August 2016

Today's Review: Doritos A: Spicy Salsa


There's not just one, but two new Doritos flavours on the shelves, and the packaging is a little... interesting. We have bold black and white bags, and the flavours are labelled "A" and "B". You see, this release is part of a new campaign and competition. The idea is to try both, decide which one is the best, and come up with a novel idea of how to destroy your least favourite. The winner gets their idea made into an advert, and £20,000 on top of that. Not a bad deal, I'm definitely going to give it a go, but to do that I need to try both flavours first. So here we have "A", the spicy salsa Doritos.

Wow, these are good. They taste like salsa, pure and simple. From the moment I popped one into my mouth, I was greeted with a great tomato flavour, with hints of jalapeno and peppers, and a nice amount of sauciness too. They pretty much taste like the Doritos salsa dip, I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was. However, these chips aren't perfect. After eating a few of them, the salsa flavours started to become less pronounced, and the chilli became more prominent, and by the end these tasted more like the chilli heatwave Doritos than the salsa it started out as. I mean, I like chilli heatwave, but I was here for salsa, and while these delivered beautifully at first, it doesn't hold up forever. 

So there you go, flavour "A" is pretty good, but it does have its flaws. Still, it could win over my affections, flavour "B" does have a lot of work to do to be crowned my favourite. So tune in tomorrow to see how it goes.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment