Monday 17 July 2017

Today's Review: Butterfinger Cups Coconut


I spied these Butterfinger Cups sitting on an end shelf at Asda, and was instantly filled with ambivalence. My joy at seeing the Butterfinger logo was instantly diminished by the fact that they're filled with coconut, and not peanut butter. I didn't know what to think, but since this was entirely new to me, in the trolley they went. I spent the rest of my shopping trip in a state of disappointment over the lack of peanut butter, but also weighing up the possibilities of what was to come...

Butterfingers are one of my favourite bars, fantastic peanut buttery goodness that transfers very well to chocolate cup form. But I needn't have worried about how the transition to coconut would go, these things are bloody delicious. The chocolate outer layer is smooth and creamy, and satisfyingly thick. The filling is just divine, a great mixture of coconut flavoured cream, with shreds of desiccated coconut throughout to give a nice texture. I guess I'd say it's like a Bounty, but the innards are far creamier, and to me that's only a good thing. I've grown to love coconut over the years, and these cups are a fantastic use of the flavour, and well worth seeking out.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. there is a peanut butter one out in Asda as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly,these butterfinger coconut cups are the BEST EVER. how have I lived without them. Nestle please change the recipe so that I don't like them any more.PLEASE HELP ME..:)

    ReplyDelete