Monday 2 January 2012

Today's Review: Trix Swirls

I've skimmed over these in a previous review that I wrote when I was in Oman, but my brother went over there for Christmas and asked if he wanted me to bring any food back. So of course, I asked for Cheetos and Trix, because I love to experience the flavours of Middle Eastern Culture. I ate some this morning, and don't fancy pouring out another bowl for a picture, so here's one I found on the internet (don't sue me):


Trix Swirls are pretty much like regular Trix, but there are two flavours in each piece. That may sound different, but in Trix terms, "flavours" means "varying chemicals and sugars". The cereal tastes like something, but it definitely does not bring to mind the fruits written on the box. I'm not saying they taste bad, they actually taste pretty damn good. It's the sugary, colourful cereal that all kids dream of, and which have been altogether banned in the UK. But in America it's still fun and games, they have Trix, they have Lucky Charms, and they proudly state on the box that they contain artificial colours and flavours.

You may call me a silly rabbit, and tell me Trix are for kids. But I am a kid at heart, a kid whose government were after me Lucky Charms, and they got them. So when I pour myself a big ass bowl of Trix, I am giving this country the finger. You can take my cereals, but you can never take my ability to buy them imported at an inflated price or bring some back from different countries.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment