Thursday 16 July 2015

Today's Review: Cheetos Wampiry


It's been a while since I visited my local Polish shop, so I was hoping I'd find something interesting. I was rewarded with yet another variety of Cheetos, and this one looks like it has a Halloween theme. These are Wampirey Cheetos, which I guess means they're supposed to be vampire-like. Not that they particularly look like vampires, bats maybe, but not vampires. But, they're garlic flavour, so that's a big clue.

These are a little odd. I'm used to Cheetos being predominantly cheesy, but these have a distinct garlic flavour. Not particularly strong, but unmistakable. I can't say I've never had garlic flavoured crisps before, but I can't say they're a winner. Certainly not bad, but I don't think it works best in crisp form. They certainly leave that garlicky aftertaste, and I'm not sure I want to deal with that after a snack. 

The texture of the crisps is interesting too, a bit like Pom Bears, but with more crunch. They do have a bit of a chewy edge to them, which I wasn't much of a fan of, but these certainly aren't awful crisps. They're a neat variation on the regular Cheetos, but I wouldn't choose them over the cheesy flavours.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment