Monday 27 July 2015

Today's Review: Double Pretz Cheese & Blueberry



I'm a big fan of Pocky, and I always try to pick up a pack when I visit an oriental supermarket. But this time I opted for this interesting pack of Pretz, which promises both blueberry and cheese flavours. Blueberry cheesecake pretzel sticks? Count me in.


Well, they look slightly disappointing. The box looked like it was packing a nice  thick coating, but in fact it's just peppered on. Still, the flavour is there. The stocks themselves are crunchy, perhaps a little too soft for my liking, but not bad. The blueberry flavour is certainly not bold, but once it comes into play it provides a very sweet undertone that lingers for a while. As for the cheese, I'm not sure. The first hit is distinctly cheesy, and not sweetly so, more like Mini Cheddar than cheesecake. It soon mellows out into a sweeter taste, and combined the two flavours do create a hint of cheesecake, but it's not great. These are nice for a change, but I think I'll stick with the classic pretzel stick flavours in future.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment