Saturday 11 July 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Everyday Value Macaroni Cheese


I was after a cheap dinner to take to work the other week, and nothing in the chilled aisle was particularly grabbing my attention. Imagine my joy when I happened upon the frozen section and was greeted by a cornucopia of £1 frozen meals. Well, I say "cornucopia", I mean "a few". While I ummed and ahhd over the more substantial meals on offer, I finally concluded that I don't feel all that comfortable with eating the meat of a £1 ready meal, and went with the veggie option instead.

You can't go wrong with macaroni cheese, right? Well, not dramatically wrong, but this sure ain't gourmet style. besides the cooked pasta, the main ingredient is reconstituted dried skimmed milk, which sounds delicious. There's 6% cheese though, so it could be worse, and while it's not overly cheesy, it doesn't taste all that bad. A little stodgy, sure, and the sauce could be more creamy, but I didn't gag while eating it, so it's alright by me. If you're after a cheap meal you can shove in the microwave and then down your face, this isn't half bad. I probably wouldn't pay more than a pound for it, so its a good thing that's how much it costs.

My rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment