Sunday 19 July 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Chocolate & Raspberry Do'Cro


Tesco are carrying on with the bakery combination craze, and this time they've created their own version of one of the things that started it all. It's not a Cronut (because that's trademarked), it's a Do'Cro. It's also covered in chocolate with raspberry jam and pieces throughout. Plus it's only £1, so I'm sure that beats the price of most trendy bakeries out there.

This is actually the first cronut I've tried, I'm sure I'll get round to the little city bakery ones eventually, but I figured this was a good place to start. It is, indeed, a donut crossed with a croissant. The chocolate coating around the outside is quite thick, and provides a satisfying little crunch when you take a bite. Underneath are several pastry layers that are nice and flaky. It's soft, but perhaps a little too stodgy. Sandwiched between the layers is a very flavoursome raspberry jam that adds a nice bit of moisture and makes for an overall very tasty treat. It does get a little sickly towards the end, due to the jam and the slightly stodgy nature of the dough, but I knew from the start that is was going to be a very naughty treat, so I can't hold that against it too much. It's definitely worth it for £1.

My rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment