Friday 28 April 2017

Today's Review: McCoy's Chip Shop Curry Sauce Chips


I tried out the salt & vinegar variety of McCoy's Chips a while back, and found them to be pretty lacking. I figured I'd give them another shot when I saw this curry sauce flavour, it was something new after all, and held some promise. I grabbed a six pack in Poundlan for... yes, £1. 

These are interesting. The crisps are good, the same good old crunchy texture of McCoy's, fashioned into chip shapes. They have a definite curry sauce flavour, and it's mostly authentic, but it is somewhat marred by the fact that these are quite salty, enough to take the focus away from the other flavours. So while the curry sauce is pretty well done, a smooth creaminess with a slight spice, overall these aren't fantastic. These are worth a try, but I think I'd rather go for the Fish 'N' Chips crisps that pull off the flavours better.

My rating: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment