Friday 21 April 2017

Today's Review: Pepsi Max Ginger


This was definitely a surprise for me, a new flavour of Pepsi Max that isn't following the usual cola trends. Cherry cola, that's a thing, along with vanilla and lime, but I'm not sure I've tried a ginger cola before. I enjoy a ginger beer, but this bottle seems like it will deliver a combination of the two.

This is pretty good actually. The ginger flavour is pretty strong, and mostly accurate. A bold taste that provides a nice warming spice, and lingers for sometime after, I'd say it's a very decent effort. The combination with the taste of the Pepsi is a little odd at first, but I did get used to it after a little while. It works quite well together, giving the whole thing a slightly botanical flavour, although the lack of sugar is noticeable in the after taste. I wouldn't say this stuff beats a good old fashioned ginger beer, but it's a pretty original variety of Pepsi that's pulled off pretty well. I hope this sticks around for a while.

My rating: 4/5

6 comments:

  1. I managed to find this in Germany yesterday! I think it's a pretty good effort and it's something I'm certainly happy to drink. Liked it as a mixer with my dark spiced rum. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about that, but I tried it tonight, a great little mixer.

      Delete
  2. as someone that like's a bit of ginger I have to say I was disappointed in the flavour, but then I do drink Jamaican ginger beer so I'm used to something with a bit of pep and zing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not for the ginger buffs, but I must admit I don't like my ginger too fiery, so it was a nice enough level for me. The cola does take the edge off a bit too much though.

      Delete
  3. Coke did it last November though :) http://www.coca-colacompany.com/content/dam/journey/us/en/private/2016/11/CokeGinger5.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that only available in America though? I'm a bit out of the swing of things with UK snack and drink options!

      Delete