Thursday 26 April 2018

Today's Review: Avengers Infinity War


It's here, it's finally here. I know I've probably said this about every iteration of Avengers, but this one takes it to another level. This is the culmination of ten years and 18 movies, an unprecedented amalgamation of heroes into one of the most impressive ensemble casts I've seen. This is Infinity War, and as excited as I was about it, I had some reservations that it might be a bit of a mess.

I needn't have worried. I can't go too much into this movie without divulging spoilers, so I'll pretty much just say it's fantastic. Everything we've come to love from a Marvel movie is here, the wit, the action, the great characters, but this time they're all in one place. Every one of these heroes is up against the big baddie and his lackeys, and coming from all corners of the galaxy, they team up into a great number of combinations for some truly fantastic fight scenes and action set pieces. If you thought the final battle in the first Avengers was great, just wait until you see this. 

There's no letting up on the action here, exposition is thin on the ground. That's not a bad thing though, that's the beauty of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The story and the characters have been established over many years, and this is simply the all out fantastic culmination of all the plot lines, a non-stop thrill ride of action. There are twists and turns, emotions run high, it's hilarious and heart-breaking. This is just a beautiful and exciting movie. 

I may sound like a fan boy, but I don't care. The quality of the Marvel movies has not let up, and it's absolutely awesome to see the pieces all come together from so many different movies. This is my movie event of the year, you need to watch Infinity War. You might need to do your homework if you haven't caught up with everything, but it's worth it.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment