Sunday 12 February 2012

Today's Review: Typing By The Light Of The Monitor

We've just finished watching the last Harry Potter, in 3D and with all the lights off, proper like the cinema innit. Anyways, it's almost the end of the day, and so I have rushed on here to write a review, without even bothering to switch the light on first.

I've never learned to touch type. By the time I found out such a method existed I'd already learned to type pretty quickly just by looking at the keys while I was doing it. While I have come to learn the placement of the keys, I do end up looking at the keyboard more than the screen. Trouble is, the light in this room is mostly emanating from the computer monitor, so I'm forced to hunch over a bit to squint awkwardly at where my fingers are going. This must be how old people feel when they're not sure how computers work yet.

Anyway, it's certainly not something I'd make a habit of. I feel my eyes straining more to correctly push all these letters than I do staring at several screens for most of the day. So type in well lit areas, people. Or failing that, learn to do it by touch alone. It's too late for me.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment