Friday 10 February 2012

Today's Review: Cups

I'm not just talking about cups here. I'm talking about receptacles for drinks, whatever they may be. How did we ever live without cups, or glasses, bottles, flasks? I imagine some undeveloped dirty caveman cupping his hands and dipping them into a stream, being disappointed every time he brings them out and doesn't quite get enough. Then he just sticks his head in and looks pretty undignified, even for a dirty caveman.

How did the first cup get discovered? Was it some freakish formation of stone? Was it carved out of some wood with a sharp rock? I don't know, I don't think we'll ever know. But now cups and glasses are a firmly established part of pretty much everyone's culture. They're what provide us with sustenance without making us work too hard for it. Hell, there's even mugs with handles in case the mug itself is too hot from all the hot drink you've put inside. If you haven't used a cup before, you don't know what you're missing, and you're probably not human. In which case you probably can't read this either. Anyway, cups are amazing.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment