Tuesday 26 November 2013

Today's Review: Jelly Belly Milkshakes


Jelly Belly provide the definitive jelly bean experience. They also make some nice sodas and candles. But now they have filled the other obvious gap in the market, by releasing a range of milkshakes.

These Jelly Belly shakes come in vanilla, banana and dark chocolate. They were on offer at 2 for £2, so one had to be left behind, sorry banana, it's purely personal. The vanilla sounded good right off the bat, as I love vanilla milkshake anyway. But the dark chocolate left me feeling apprehensive. I've never really gotten used to the bitterness of dark chocolate, so I wasn't expecting much.

Thankfully, these flavours are both delicious. The vanilla is smooth and silky. These shakes are 95% milk, so they're not overly thick, but they certainly have a nice creamy taste. The chocolate, as much as I was dreading it, is actually very nice. Most chocolate shakes are quite sickly, but the slight bitterness of the chocolate in this shake allows the flavour to blend in nicely with the milk for a lovely smooth taste. These shakes are delicious, and although I don't normally like banana flavour, I'll probably be picking one up in the future to see if Jelly Belly have done as good a job as with these flavours.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment