Monday 15 August 2016

Today's Review: Asda Thai Sweet Chilli Crisps


Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations are some of my favourite spicy crisps, but sometimes you just can't find them on offer, and I ain't paying more than £1 for a share size bag of crisps. So I was quite pleased to see Asda have brought out their own version. The packaging is similar in style and colour, so I was hoping they'd taste the same too. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but worth a try.

Perhaps it's wrong to directly compare these to the Sensations, so I'll try and avoid doing that too much. Let's start with the texture of these. It's a little off, they're a little bit soft, and the crunch isn't nearly as satisfying as I like in a crisp. The flavouring has a decent amount of spice in it, and it lasts for quite a while, but there's something in these that really accentuates the "sweet" part of "Thai sweet chilli". While the heat kicks in quite early, the sweet element builds up and overwhelms the rest over time, it dominates the flavour with something of a sickly taste, and I wasn't really a fan. Give me the Sensations any day, these are too soft and too sweet. 

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here. This blog increse my knowledge source .
    เลเซอร์หน้าใส

    ReplyDelete